Check-off Program Process
The Process Going Forward
- The Work Group develops the Draft Industry Order.
- The Draft Industry Order is presented to the USDA AMS for review and comment.
- The Draft Industry Order is posted on the USDS AMS website for public viewing.
- AMS returns the Draft Industry Order to the Work Group for review and modification as needed.
- The Work Group submits the Formal Industry Order to AMS.
- AMS presents the Formal Industry Order for public review and comment.
- At the end of the comment period, AMS reviews all comments and judges industry support.
- With positive industry support, AMS presents the Industry Order for referendum.
- For passage, the referendum must be approved by a majority of voting companies AND a majority of production of voting companies.